Our 13th podcast comes from Tresor resident and Singular Records boss Marcelus. He is a strong part of a new Techno generation from France. Enjoy the ride!
1. Hi Ced how are you and what have you been up to recently?
Hey, I m fine and thank you for having me for the podcast! I’ve been doing usual dj things during the last weeks i guess, playing out and making music, well maybe i ve made less music than as usual to break a bit the routine.
2. How is your label Singular going?
I’m learning a lot, it’s nice to work with other artists, it’s definitely not easy all the time but i am happy i have opened it and being able to contribute with it.
3. You live in Paris. How would you describe the city and how is the scene there?
I live in the suburb more precisely, so i’m still a tourist really. I think it’s a very beautiful and busy city and the scene is very nice at the moment, it’s quite known now that it’s much better since two or three years yes, lots of good parties, and i think we all hope it will stay like that for a long time!
4. If you could collaborate with any artist, who would you choose and why?
I really don’t know, maybe Brian Eno.
5. Some new and some old shit you’re digging right now?
Yeah those young guys called “Fjaak”, that’s super nice! And they are very cool guys.
6. What annoys you or has pissed you off lately?
This anti–Russia way of thinking among other things.
7. What excites you besides music?
Being with friends, discovering new places, movies, good food and wines…
8. Anything coming up you want to share with us? Any shout-outs or final statements?
Yes I can tell you that I remixed a track from John Daly for Secret Sundaze, it should be out this month I think, I also finished my new ep for Tresor and it’s coming out in September, and of course it’s very nice to have one of my tracks signed on MDR and played by the boss himself on his fabric mix 77.